May 24, 2012
Intumescent and fire retardant coatings are held to the same VOC content and emission standards as interior, flat latex coatings and paints. Intumescents and fire retardants differ drastically, from a performance standpoint, when compared to interior, flat latex coatings and paints. Passing low VOC content and emission standards is significant because intumescent and fire retardant coatings are installed in both commercial and residential applications to satisfy International Building (IBC) and Residential Code (IRC) requirements. No-Burn®, Inc.’s products have always been cutting-edge, “Satisfying not only building and safety requirements, but they meet low emission standards giving our clients, building occupants and designers the surety that our products perform” stated Bill Kish, President of No-Burn®, Inc.
No-Burn® meets multiple green rating system requirements set forth by the following organizations:
• Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) rating system
• ICC-700 NGBS
• ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 189.1
• ANSI/GBI 01-2010 Green Building Assessment Protocol
• AQMD standards for flat coatings
• MPI-GPS 2-L, RG
Complying with the California Department of Public Health Standard, CDPH/EHLB/Standard Method Version 1.1, 2010 also known as Emission Testing Method for CA Specification 01350, means the application of No-Burn® in commercial and residential buildings adds to the building’s sustainability, green attributes as well as low emissive and low VOC content material standards. For a full list of green rating systems and No-Burn®’s contributions to Better the Built Environment, visit No-Burn®, Inc.’s website.
No-Burn® low emissive and low VOC content intumescent and fire retardant coatings:
• Intumescent coating- non-prescriptive ignition barrier,
• “Class A” flame spread and smoke development ratings for interior finish requirements,
• Thermal barrier- non-prescriptive SIPs and
• Meets International Codes’ fire performance requirements as alternative materials, design and methods of construction.